Hi,
How to call the db functions from obiee?.
I want create reports in analytics using 'Create direct database query'?.
please help me .
please send document for this..
Thanks in advance,
A.kavya
Do you want to call a DB function in an analysis or do you want to do a direct database request?
Because it's 2 different things.
So if you want to bypass almost all the functionalities of OBIEE and use it like if it was SQL Developer (a free tool) you simply go on "New" > "Analysis" and there you select "Create Direct Database Request".
I'm almost sure the official documentation explain all that, so have a look inside ....
Gianni replied already but the one key point from his statement to take away is:
Gianni Ceresa wrote: So if you want to bypass almost all the functionalities of OBIEE and use it like if it was SQL Developer
Direct Database Requests and calling DB functions should be the LAST THING YOU EVER DO in OBIEE. If you do it because you don't want to model something properly in the RPD then you're probably doing things wrong.
Hello kavya,
If you want to use your DBFunction
1.Please, first you have to go inside your Operating System, and look for your "NQSConfig.ini" file.
The level of support DB
*1 is for Oracle BI Administrator
*2 is for Any User
2. Restart your OPMNCTL Server
3. If you want to use as a Filter, Please use this as Filter
Kind Regards,
Build on the foundational concepts from Part 1 with a deeper look at implementation patterns for extending the FDI semantic model. This session covers common use cases such as modifying subject areas, creating custom subject areas, combining external application models, and supporting custom security requirements. It also…
Hi, While using OAS or OAC latest version can we generate a report to view complete defition of semantic model/subject area. It helps to document and troubleshoot. thanks
I want to export all OAC RPD joins and conditions, is there a way to export or extract joins information. please suggest. Repository documentation doesn't gives joins, if any other way pls suggest.
So when I click the apply button, it uses the value . Also. How do I stop the auto populate table when the report opens???? I am in OAC
Good day, please kindly assist. We are creating a graph to calculate the number of assets per milestones. However, the planners have only populated assets for only one milestone from the list of milestones the customer wants to track. Which gives an incorrect view as the project moves past different milestones that it has…
I scheduled the report in OTBI and the agent was run successfully. However, I do not receive the report after the run in my inbox. The addresses are properly recorded, and the report is in an excel format and saved as a pivot table in otbi. What can be the cause?