Hi,
I would like to know how can we achieve responsive design while designing dashboards in OBIEE 12c.
Please share your thoughts.
Thanks!
responsive design like a website adapting to the screen size / device used by the user changing the interface to be usable from a smartphone to a big screen?
If it's what you mean ... not really ...
A responsive design is supposed to cover the full page, and in OBIEE when you build a dashboard you only work on the central part of the page and even there you don't really code anything and rely on the used style to contains the required CSS etc.
If you look for dashboard for mobile devices you have BI MAD (mobile app designer) generating apps / dashboards optimized for mobile devices or you also have the native apps for android and ios to use the "normal" dashboard you developed.
Thanks for response Gianni. I really appreciate it!
By responsive design, I more likely wanted to know how normal dashboards developed using say OBIEE 12c, could be viewed over in mobiles/tablets and may more different devices, without loosing on visual quality. Also, without loosing in-built features of dashboards ( like fit to normal screen, scroll etc).
Ok, so as said on mobile 12c will works better than 11g as it now uses HTML5 charts instead of flash, but it will not be perfect and probably at some points will look badly ...
So you can develop mobile apps using BI MAD or use the native iOS / Android app (for example https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oracle.obi&hl=en ) to connect to your system and be able to use the existing on mobile.
Thanks for sharing the information. However, I would like to continue this discussion further on lights of ease of use -
when I use the term responsive - I refer to the concept of responsive web design. It refers mostly to layout modifications and interaction element adaptations to ensure users can access and interact with the contents of a webpage regardless of the device they use to access it.
For eg. desktops, laptops, mobile phones etc.
It is called responsive web design when you use CSS and HTML to resize, hide, shrink, enlarge, or move the content to make it look good on any screen.
Thanks
Build on the foundational concepts from Part 1 with a deeper look at implementation patterns for extending the FDI semantic model. This session covers common use cases such as modifying subject areas, creating custom subject areas, combining external application models, and supporting custom security requirements. It also…
Hi, While using OAS or OAC latest version can we generate a report to view complete defition of semantic model/subject area. It helps to document and troubleshoot. thanks
I want to export all OAC RPD joins and conditions, is there a way to export or extract joins information. please suggest. Repository documentation doesn't gives joins, if any other way pls suggest.
So when I click the apply button, it uses the value . Also. How do I stop the auto populate table when the report opens???? I am in OAC
Good day, please kindly assist. We are creating a graph to calculate the number of assets per milestones. However, the planners have only populated assets for only one milestone from the list of milestones the customer wants to track. Which gives an incorrect view as the project moves past different milestones that it has…
I scheduled the report in OTBI and the agent was run successfully. However, I do not receive the report after the run in my inbox. The addresses are properly recorded, and the report is in an excel format and saved as a pivot table in otbi. What can be the cause?