Oracle BI: Create an Action Link towards selected value — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,305 Users
  • 2,239,629 Discussions
  • 7,835,899 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oracle BI: Create an Action Link towards selected value

Hi everyone

I would like ask you for a request I have had from the customers I work for.

I have a dashboard with three tab, in the first of them there is a summary report and it has got a column (column A for example) on which I have created an Action link which point to the BI content of the third tab.

The customer would like that this action-link pointed , exactly , to the corresponding value of the third report, according to the choice made in the first report clicking on a value in the cell.

Is it possible? I n my opinion the action links help us to point toward a Bi content (another report for example) but in order to create a situation like mine I should have a hierarchy.

is it right?

May someone suggest me something?

Tagged:

Answers

• Robert AngelRobert Angel Posts: 4,529 Bronze Crown
    edited February 2018

Not understanding your exact requirement, so I may be off beam here, if I am then kindly explain further and separate out your problem.

Three options spring to mind; -

Assuming the report that you want to drive the action link target report is filtered via a dashboard prompt then just have your target report also filtered by the same prompt, you may have to change its scope if it is restricted to 'page'

or

Use the prompt as above to set the value of a presentation variable, then use the presentation variable in the action link to filter the target report

or

Have your action link created via a formula at row level in the source report, with the filter value being dynamically set by the corresponding value

Hope this helps?

• 33961663396166 Posts: 37
    edited February 2018

Thank you Robert Angel,

I'm using Oracle Business Intelligence 12c

Correct: Above the report there are 4 prompts through which the report below is filtered and consequently the others.

so, I am not an expert about Oracle Bi, but I can assume that the correct way, probably, is the first suggest you have said.

You say: "Assuming the report that you want to drive the action link target report is filtered via a dashboard prompt then just have your target report also filtered by the same prompt, you may have to change its scope if it is restricted to 'page'"

This could be ok, but that assume the user set an initial prompt before analise the report.

But What would happen if the user didn't select any prompt? I mean,  The user could click on a cell in the report about a particular Supplier, for example, and 'jump' to the other report  in the other tab without initial prompt selected?

Moreover, Where can I choose its scope? I don't find that option in the Modify properties panel

a.JPG

• Robert AngelRobert Angel Posts: 4,529 Bronze Crown
    edited February 2018

On 'if the user did not select the prompt' - then both reports would be unfiltered, or filtered by your default selection if there is one.

On where is the scope, you need to look in the dashboard page for the control that sets the scope of the prompt, it is done this way as you may use a prompt for multiple purposes / places and need its scope to be divergent depending on its usage.

• 33961663396166 Posts: 37
    edited February 2018

ok the Prompt Scope is set to Dashboard currently

This discussion has been closed.