Dynamic web server URL in Action link - Navigate to web page — oracle-tech

Forum Stats

• 3,702,306 Users
  • 2,239,629 Discussions
  • 7,835,899 Comments

Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dynamic web server URL in Action link - Navigate to web page

Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem which I hope to find the resolution within this forum.

I have two environments, Dev and Test. For example sake, lets say the Dev webserver URL is www.dev.com & Test webserver URL is www.test.com.

I developed on the DEV system and used an action link - navigate to web page option to pass parameters so that it goes to another report with the parameters passed to the prompts.

Now, this analysis was migrated to the Test environment for testing. But it carries the www.dev.com/analytics... URL in to Test.

So when the testers test it on the Test system, the action link navigates back to the DEV system.

I need a way to keep the web server part of the URL dynamic when developing, so that I don't need to hard code it.

Appreciate your feedback.

Robert Angel

Answers

• Geoff WinkworthGeoff Winkworth Posts: 21
    edited May 2018

I haven't tried it with URLs, but have you looked at presentation or server variables?  We've used them successfully in dynamic attribute formulas and filters; don't know if they'd behave the same way embedded in a URL.

Robert Angel
  • Robert AngelRobert Angel Posts: 4,529 Bronze Crown
    edited May 2018

Geoff's suggestion is exactly how it has been done on many, many projects.

The only other way I have seen it done is more database-centric and relies on you have access to the underlying DBs so you can store all of the environment specific data that way.

Finally, some like to apply the environment specific stuff as a patch to an homogenous rpd, as part of the pre-deployment steps.

Pay your money, take your choice.

• user11211978user11211978 Posts: 2
    edited June 2018

Thank you Geoff. I was able to use a repository variable on the link/image URL on a dashboard page. However tried to use the same on an action link on a column but it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.