Step-By-Step Guide To Extract Month From Birthday Date using Contact Washing Machine App and RegEx E
Let's say you collect Birthdays of your customers in format Year-Month-Date and you wish to isolate the "Month" in another contact field called "Month" for some custom emails to be sent month-wise. Below is the step-by-step guide to extract just Month from Birthday (Format: Year-Month-Date) using Contact Washing Machine and RegEx, please be mindful of testing the CWM configuration in sandbox first.
- Create a contact field named – MONTH per say in your instance.
- Drag and drop Contact Washing Machine(CWM) app in a new Campaign from action bar
- Double click on CWM app and click on pencil icon.
- Enter below steps on Configuration window. Please Select, Step name, Source Field as your date of "Birthday" (Format: Year-Month-Date) contact field, “RegEx Extract” under Action Item and enter code “[-.\/](\d+)[-.\/]” and Destination field as "Month" in this case.
5. Hit Save.
6. Your configuration is saved; now test it via hourglass icon given at the top of the CWM configuration window. Add email addresses via”+” sign and hit “Run Test” to test your configuration. See in below snapshot - you will notice "Input Value as Birthday date" as Birthday - 2015(Year)-04(Month)-01(Date) and "Output Value as only Month" as "04".
Hope this will be helpful. Do let me know in case of any questions.
** Need more information on Contact Washing Machine App? Click below Oracle Help Centre doc on what is Contact Washing Machine app, how to download/install it and it’s actions - https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/latest/marketingcs_gs/OMCAA/Help/Apps/ContactWashingMachine/Tasks/InstallingContactWashingMachine.htm?Highlight=contact%20washing%20machine