Discussions

Did you know you can recover your deleted records?

Itza Acosta
Itza Acosta Posts: 3
edited Apr 29, 2022 6:22AM in Eloqua

They say there is something good in every situation, you just need to keep your eyes and ears open. Well, a few weeks ago, after a massive mishap that wiped out 3/4 of our database, we learned a pretty cool trick (thank you Adrienne Albregts!) that is a life saver for anyone who goes through this similar situation.

Of course you can always count on Oracle Support to save the day, they can easily recover your data (good news is that they do a backup every hour!). But, you still have to go through the process of setting up an SR and waiting in the queue for getting the issue resolved, which could mean a few hours of "down-time", and if you have a live campaign, that could be a big problem. So, what can you do should you accidentally delete records in Eloqua? Go to INSIGHT!

Insight takes an hour or so to update, so if you run one of the contact reports (pick the report that best suits your needs - for us it was the "Shared list" report and make sure you modify the filters to avoid excluding any contacts), you should be able to see all records, then export them into excel and upload them in the Contact Upload Wizard. Remember, you only have a few minutes to do this, before Insight updates, but if you are quick, you should be able to recover your database!

If you have any questions or would like me to show you how to troubleshoot in case of emergency, feel free to reach out!

Itza

Post edited by OIT Integration User on
Tagged:

Comments

• Prateek Malik
    Prateek Malik Posts: 10 Red Ribbon

Hello,

Thanks for sharing!

I am skeptical in case of a large DB. Insight will have problem retrieving such a large report.

Let me know your views on this.

Thanks!

• Hello,

Thanks for sharing!

I am skeptical in case of a large DB. Insight will have problem retrieving such a large report.

Let me know your views on this.

Thanks!

Yes, possibly. We were dealing with a DB of 55K in our case. Let us know how it goes in case you give it a shot, it may be worth a try just in case you ever need to hit the Panic Button!