Discussions

Reporting on Dynamic Content

2»

Comments

• JazmineDuke-Oracle
    JazmineDuke-Oracle Posts: 40 Employee

Hi @Thamina Christensen-Oracle @Sara Howes-Oracle @LisaBlack-Oracle @JazmineDuke-Oracle,

This request have been raised from 2011 and now we are in 2018. Crossing my finger and wondering if we have a timeline for the launch of this particular feature.

As dynamic content can not utilized fully if there have been no reporting and this is something that we needed for every other client.

Appreciate your response regarding the launch of the feature or current status.

Thanks,

Raj

Hi Raj,

I definitely understand your urgency around Dynamic Content reporting - I am eager to get it in customer's hands as well. Now that we are past getting New Insight generally available (GA), which was a considerable amount of development work, we have the bandwidth to get to this reporting. I am working on getting Dynamic Content completed for the 18B release (May), I cannot promise it will release in 18B. But, I am doing everything I can to get it out ASAP.

I appreciate your patience

Jazmine Duke | Principal Product Manager, Eloqua Insight

• Constantin Gavril
    Constantin Gavril Posts: 9 Green Ribbon

I believe you can do this. Create a custom report based on query strings and add query strings to your dynamic content.

• Kerry_Hughes
    Kerry_Hughes Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Following this thread and hoping there might more details on date for the May 18B release and if it will contain dynamic content reporting. Any further updates, @JazmineDuke-Oracle?

Thanks!

• Following this thread and hoping there might more details on date for the May 18B release and if it will contain dynamic content reporting. Any further updates, @JazmineDuke-Oracle?

Thanks!

This will be in the 18B release. You can find more information on our and our new Feature Summary page. http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/tutorial/cloud/eloqua/18B-eloqua-nfs.htm#F3399

Cheers,

Thamina

• abaldman
    abaldman Posts: 7

Update 6/1/18: I called into Support and asked about click-through metrics being missing the the Dynamic Content by Email report. Support stated that an enhancement request was already in queue. However, he was not sure if the original release of this report was supposed to have the click metrics. The functionality may have been intended to be done in stages . In any event, he will be updating me on what he finds out from the Product team.

• kpindle
    kpindle Posts: 23 Bronze Badge

Update 6/1/18: I called into Support and asked about click-through metrics being missing the the Dynamic Content by Email report. Support stated that an enhancement request was already in queue. However, he was not sure if the original release of this report was supposed to have the click metrics. The functionality may have been intended to be done in stages . In any event, he will be updating me on what he finds out from the Product team.

Thank you for your continued commitment to this issue we all face! And for updating us here. It'd be great if Oracle did so but at least the users update each other.

• Thank you for your continued commitment to this issue we all face! And for updating us here. It'd be great if Oracle did so but at least the users update each other.

I do see every comment that comes through. I'm not able to give an update on every item due to all the comments that are made, but I do read them.

• JazmineDuke-Oracle
    JazmineDuke-Oracle Posts: 40 Employee

I can confirm that the Dynamic Content reports do not include clickthroughs. We are considering adding that metric as part of a future release.

As Thamina mentioned in her comment, due to the volume of feedback we get on Topliners, we can't always get responses out to every single question in a timely manner.

Our release section: is available as the record of truth for what has been released. And, of course, the Support team can always be contacted for further inquiries.

Thank you,

Jazmine Duke | Product Manager, Insight

• abaldman
    abaldman Posts: 7

@JazmineDuke-Oracle Update 6/5/18: I heard back from Support who heard back from the Product team. "They are looking to implement clickthroughs in the dynamic content reports in the future. Unfortunately there are no ETA on when this feature will become available."

So we have no resolution for a pretty major functionality that is missing. I am going to be very honest. I am disappointed in the Eloqua Product team for releasing a report that is not ready, nor useful for the intended audience. Why only consider adding click metrics? This is a vital stat that is necessary. The entire rationale for using Dynamic Content is to be able to see which content section had better engagement metrics. Opens are a part of it, but they don't tell the entire story.

Use Case: We have 7 different product lines for our customer renewal track. I have to create 7 different email templates for each touchpoint in the Lifecycle, so I can track performance of each. It's a ton of work. And we have 5-10 touchpoints within each product. We would happily use Dynamic content sections, but without click metrics available there is no point. It would be great to consolidate and optimize our email creation and reporting process. When updates are needed for a specific touchpoint, we could update everything in one place within the Dynamic Content section, rather than editing several emails. It's a no-brainer to use DC but we cannot until full reporting is available to us.

• From this thread it looks like this basic tracking capability (I know probably not basic to build, but a basic marketers expect to be present) has been 'coming soon' for 3 years... This will hold us back hugely from having success with Eloqua - it means reduced capability for efficiency, for testing, for optimising. How can anyone launch personalised content and 1:1 emails without this?

• From this thread it looks like this basic tracking capability (I know probably not basic to build, but a basic marketers expect to be present) has been 'coming soon' for 3 years... This will hold us back hugely from having success with Eloqua - it means reduced capability for efficiency, for testing, for optimising. How can anyone launch personalised content and 1:1 emails without this?

Reporting on Dynamic Content was actually delivered. I updated the status. We continue to invest in different ways to augment that reporting but you can find subject areas and OOTB reports around Dynamic Content in Insight.

• Cindy.Kelm
    Cindy.Kelm Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Thanks for updating this, and yes we do see open rate tracking on Dynamic Content in Insights. I don't believe the functionality delivered included the ability to track clicks like @abaldman mentions in the comment above? That's what a lot of people are waiting on I believe. Happy to open up a thread for that specific functionality if required (as I can see that this one has been marked as 'delivered' as it started out as simple reporting on dynamic content, not related to click tracking).

Hello, I was wondering if you opened a new thread on the click tracking in dynamic content? Thanks!

• Hello, I was wondering if you opened a new thread on the click tracking in dynamic content? Thanks!

Hi @Cindy.Kelm,

We are actively working on dynamic content clickthroughs. The hope is to have it delivered by Summer 2019 (safe harbor).

Cheers,

Thamina Christensen

• Cindy.Kelm

Hi @Cindy.Kelm,

We are actively working on dynamic content clickthroughs. The hope is to have it delivered by Summer 2019 (safe harbor).

Cheers,

Thamina Christensen

Thank you!

• RichardGar
    RichardGar Posts: 22 Blue Ribbon

Hello, I was wondering if you opened a new thread on the click tracking in dynamic content? Thanks!

This might partially help in the meantime

• Cindy.Kelm

This might partially help in the meantime

Thank you!

3832780 Posts: 1

Hi @Cindy.Kelm,

Cheers,

Thamina Christensen

Hi Thamina - did dynamic content link tracking make its way into the Summer release?

• JodyMooney-Oracle
    JodyMooney-Oracle Group PM, CX Marketing - Eloqua Posts: 278 Employee

Hi Thamina - did dynamic content link tracking make its way into the Summer release?

Yes, we're on track to deliver this in the August 2019 release :-)

Group Product Manager, CX - Marketing: Eloqua

• Taber Dean
    Taber Dean Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Yes, we're on track to deliver this in the August 2019 release :-)

Hi @JodyMooney-Oracle Its great to see click reporting now available. Is there a reason we can't see Delivered metrics? Without it, we are hesitant to calculate Open and Click Rates. Thoughts on this?

• Nap Tuazon
    Nap Tuazon Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Is there a way to filter out test click-throughs from our company domain?