• 3,678,985 Users
  • 7,014 Discussions
  • 11,990 Comments

Discussions

Clicked link filter in campaigns, segments, shared filters

Sebastiaan Van Dingenen
Sebastiaan Van Dingenen Posts: 31 Blue Ribbon
edited Mar 29, 2018 2:03PM in Dream It

Currently it's impossible to add a filter in a campaign/segment to check if someone clicked on a specific link. The only option is 'clicked email' which will just check all links.

A workaround exists with a blind form submit and a shared list but this is way to complex for your average marketing user. Using the 'visited website'  is also an  option but it relies heavily on cookie tracking. Checking click is a basic requirement in any organisation so it would make the experience a lot better for the more average (and advanced) user.

The ideal solution would be a campaign step + new segment filter criteria where you could select the email and get a list of the links you wish to check.

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan

62 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Totally agree!

When we have multiple links in a campaign we want to segment by those who clicked on a specific link (or clicking anything except a specific link) rather than clicking anything mainly because our unsubscribe functionality is a form on our website. So we'd want to segment by those who clicked on a link within the email, except for the unsubscribe link.

That MAP we just migrated from had this functionality.

• jconlon
    jconlon Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon

I always assumed this was possible, until we recently discovered it wasn't. The reason I assumed it was is because it's such a basic request, and in terms of marketing automation, quite a logical and relevant way to segment. Please upvote this so we get it asap

Thanks

• Loriann
    Loriann Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Completely agree!  We are trying to the exact same thing and also agree this is a basic email marketing automation functionality. 

• Thomas Murphy
    Thomas Murphy Posts: 1 Blue Ribbon

Agreed! We are facing a challenge today due to this limitation.

• Kasia P
    Kasia P Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Hi guys,

I agree it's frustrating, especially that Marketo offers this functionality.

However, there is a way around it (two ways).

1) You can create a filter with everyone who clicked on specific email/s or emails in a specific campaign and visited a website/websites at least once (not perfect but helps).

This may add contacts that happened to click on your emails but not the one you wanted as long as they also at some point visited the website/landing page in question, but I find it good enough for now.

2) Or, you can run an "Email Clickthrough Link Breakdown" report and download lists of contacts that have clicked required links in the emails/campaigns and re-upload them to a shared list.

The list won't be live/dynamic but it will use ONLY contacts that have definitely clicked on your links in the email/s you were interested.

Hope this helps for now.

I really hope Oracle adds easier functionality thought

Bests!

• Hi Guys,

My workaround is to untrack all the other links of the mailer and leave only the link of the CTA trackable,

Maybe it is will be good enough for you too,

I just don't care about the 5% of clicks on the other link of the mailer (unsubscribe,view online version etc.) that got lost.

On the Email page -> Actions -> Manage links and then you can control of what you want Eloqua to track.

• Hi guys,

I agree it's frustrating, especially that Marketo offers this functionality.

However, there is a way around it (two ways).

1) You can create a filter with everyone who clicked on specific email/s or emails in a specific campaign and visited a website/websites at least once (not perfect but helps).

This may add contacts that happened to click on your emails but not the one you wanted as long as they also at some point visited the website/landing page in question, but I find it good enough for now.

2) Or, you can run an "Email Clickthrough Link Breakdown" report and download lists of contacts that have clicked required links in the emails/campaigns and re-upload them to a shared list.

The list won't be live/dynamic but it will use ONLY contacts that have definitely clicked on your links in the email/s you were interested.

Hope this helps for now.

I really hope Oracle adds easier functionality thought

Bests!

Hi Kasia,

I believe another way to do it is placing blind forms behind each link. In this way in the campaign canvas you can see who submitted the form and moving him to the path you want. It is probably more time consuming because you need to build the blind form but I find it more effective than creating the shared filter.

• Hi guys,

I have same problem. But I try to create a segment with everyone who clicked on specific email/s or emails in a specific campaign and visited a website/websites at least once

Although I have done this, the segment doesn´t include nobody in the total segment members.

Anybody can help me?

• Hi guys,

I have same problem. But I try to create a segment with everyone who clicked on specific email/s or emails in a specific campaign and visited a website/websites at least once

Although I have done this, the segment doesn´t include nobody in the total segment members.

Anybody can help me?

Hi there,

what do you mean by 'Although I have done this, the segment doesn´t include nobody in the total segment members.'?

• Astrid80335
    Astrid80335 Posts: 8 Red Ribbon

It would be very helpful if this feature would be availabe as a standard function.
    We would love to use this more.

• amarsh422
    amarsh422 Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Wow! I can't believe Eloqua doesn't offer this super basic function. I am new to Eloqua and am trying to set up a campaign and want to look for people that clicked on a specific link. Any idea if this functionality will ever be added?

• PhilRemington
    PhilRemington Posts: 4 Green Ribbon

I agree, this should be absolute basic stuff. And yet...

• User_7YOBD
    User_7YOBD Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

This basic feature would completely change how we do our automated campaigns and create such a better customer journey. Hoping this is an option soon!