- 3,676,479 Users
- 9,718 Discussions
- 14,107 Comments
Ability to Edit other User's Agents
The current design is that:
- Only creators can edit agents.
- Agents are personal objects. In the Classic Insight users were not able to edit other user's subscriptions, it is same in Insight (OBIEE).
- If someone try to update other user's Agent, error is shown up:
The reason of why this Idea:
- Only the creator of an agent can edit the agent. So if they leave the company, all the agents they created are static forever.
- Based on the ER 28061072, currently the user who created an Agent is the only one entitled to edit it, even if other users have an Analyzer License. Lots of customers are looking for a consistent ability across all users who have been allocated the Analyzer license to be able to edit and modify all reports, dashboard and agents. This will allow for all users to seamlessly be able to assist other users and make any necessary changes as required without the restriction assets permissions being an issue.
- We noticed that if we copy the agent and modify the copied agent, we can not even save the modification to the copied agent. So what is your suggestion if the agent creator left the company and we need to modify the agents he created?
- Our use case is primarily to create agents that send to other people, not ourselves. I rather doubt we are alone in this. I create agents that send to other people. If I leave the company how do those other people get their agents edited? The answer is the cannot.