Discussions

Eloqua Product Thresholds

OMC Documentation-Oracle
OMC Documentation-Oracle Posts: 103 Employee
edited Apr 29, 2022 6:22AM in Eloqua

In order to maintain the most accurate information, the contents of this Topliners document have been moved into our Eloqua Help Centre. For the latest information, please visit our Eloqua Help Centre topic on Eloqua's Product Thresholds.

Use the data in these tables to plan for current or future service levels to support your marketing automation activities in Eloqua. Contact your Account Director or Account Executive to determine if your current usage is approaching maximum thresholds.

Table 1: Activity and data asset thresholds across Marketing Cloud Service levels

This table outlines the Eloqua product thresholds by activity and data asset or component, based on the level of Oracle Eloqua Marketing Cloud Service you have purchased. Note that it is possible to upgrade your usage levels and you may be eligible for higher rates depending on the specifics of your licence. Please contact your Account Manager for details.

Threshold category

Basic Cloud Service

(previously Marketer Edition)

Standard Cloud Service

(previously Team Edition)

Enterprise Cloud Service

(previously Enterprise Edition)

Comments
Activity
Email sends per month2,000,00010,000,000Unlimited*
Email throughput per hour50,000250,0001,250,000
Form submits per month100,000500,000Unlimited*
Form submits per hour1,0005,00025,000
Tracked page views1,000,0005,000,000Unlimited*
Named marketing users1,0005,00025,000These figures represent the physical limitation of each trim level, not the number of users included with a subscription. Additional users can be purchased for each trim level, but they must not exceed the physical limitation listed here.
API calls per day20,000100,000500,000
Data asset or component
ContactsPer purchased band
Accounts1,000,000
Custom data objects25,000,000
Outbound CRM sync/activityn/aOverall CRM throughput (sending activities and synching data to CRM) is limited by your CRM system.
CRM throughputn/a
Number of URLs1 million5 million10 million
Site map entries1 million5 million10 million
Email groups5001,0002,500

* Subject to maximum levels that platform can sustain

Table 2: Interface and asset thresholds in Eloqua 10

The following table lists thresholds relating to user interfaces and assets.

Threshold categoryMaximum number of items
User interface
Chooser (E10 only)50,000 to 100,000
E10 folder structure100,000
Component library/Shared library (E10 only)50,000
Media browser (E10 only)50,000
Assets
Emails

50,000 to 100,000

(same as Chooser)

Forms

50,000 to 100,000

(same as Chooser)

Landing Pages

50,000 to 100,000

(same as Chooser)

Campaigns

50,000 to 100,000

(same as Chooser)

Segments

50,000 to 100,000

(same as Chooser)

Shared Filters

(same as Shared Library)

Shared Lists

(same as Shared Library)

Images

(same as Component Library/Media Browser)

Files

Shared Content

Dynamic Content

Field Merges

Post edited by OIT Integration User on

Comments

• Timothy Gonzalez
    Timothy Gonzalez Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

Is there any way to get a count of what the limits are currently at e.g. how much has been used out of how many are available per API?

• Is there any way to get a count of what the limits are currently at e.g. how much has been used out of how many are available per API?

Hi Timothy:

If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering if there is a way to tell how many API calls you have used out of your total quota. If that is the case, the answer is no.

Thanks,

Angela

• Timothy Gonzalez
    Timothy Gonzalez Posts: 2 Green Ribbon

What happens when these thresholds get reached? What I'm trying to see is if I need to track these myself to prevent an integration from shutting down unexpectedly.

• What happens when these thresholds get reached? What I'm trying to see is if I need to track these myself to prevent an integration from shutting down unexpectedly.

@Timothy Gonzalez - we don't automatically shut off integrations to safeguard customer's business continuance (though we do monitor and temporarily halt in clear situations of abuse).  If you fall out of compliance you should expect to hear from your account manager on ways to get back into compliance.

• scott.kent
    scott.kent Posts: 57 Blue Ribbon

This does not list Prospects..... Since Winter13 added limited support to E10 it would be nice to know the limit on prospects, I assume it would be similar to Accounts but I hope it is closer to custom data objects. I understand if you need to be vague on this point but any help in knowing soft-limits or something would be great.

Thanks,
    Scott T. Kent

• This does not list Prospects..... Since Winter13 added limited support to E10 it would be nice to know the limit on prospects, I assume it would be similar to Accounts but I hope it is closer to custom data objects. I understand if you need to be vague on this point but any help in knowing soft-limits or something would be great.

Thanks,
    Scott T. Kent

Scott, I'm looking into this question for you...

• I'd like clarification on what happens when you are "out of compliance." The SOAP API has a minimum pause of 250ms between requests. This is not in the table above, but we are quite well aware of this threshold, because if we exceed it, we get an error message back stating that we must wait at least 250ms between requests.

This is not simply "hearing from [our] account manager on ways to get back into compliance." It effectively shuts off that particular integration attempt at that particular moment.

So, in concrete terms, can you describe what would happen if, e.g., we had more form submissions per hour than our Eloqua instance permitted? Are you really sure we're not going to just get shut off for the remainder of the hour? This is exactly what happens with the SOAP API. We're shut off until the minimum wait period has elapsed.

• One other question: I see at the Enterprise tier we are supposedly permitted 500,000 API request per day. This can't be correct because, as I mentioned in my prior comment, there is a minimum wait of 250ms between requests. You will get an error if you don't wait 250ms before issuing another API request.

A 250ms pause gives you, at most, 4 requests issued in one second. There are 86400 seconds in a day. 86400 seconds* 4 requests/second = 345,600 requests, which is quite a bit less than the 500,000 supposedly permitted in the Enterprise tier... and our marketing guys just told me today that we are on the Enterprise tier.

???

• Christopher Campbell-Oracle
    Christopher Campbell-Oracle Director, Product Management Posts: 20 Employee

One other question: I see at the Enterprise tier we are supposedly permitted 500,000 API request per day. This can't be correct because, as I mentioned in my prior comment, there is a minimum wait of 250ms between requests. You will get an error if you don't wait 250ms before issuing another API request.

A 250ms pause gives you, at most, 4 requests issued in one second. There are 86400 seconds in a day. 86400 seconds* 4 requests/second = 345,600 requests, which is quite a bit less than the 500,000 supposedly permitted in the Enterprise tier... and our marketing guys just told me today that we are on the Enterprise tier.

???

Hi Joshua,

The REST APIs do not have the 250ms call limit.  The calculated limit you shared above (345,600 SOAP calls per day) can be combined with other API calls, of course.  Eloqua does not turn off API access when the limits are exceeded.  A loss of service should not be expected if these limits are exceeded periodically.

• Hello, Is there an updated version we could all refer to?

• bkhayes
    bkhayes Posts: 59 Silver Medal
    edited Feb 22, 2022 10:53PM

What is the maximum number of sessions you can have in one event module in Eloqua?

• JodyMooney-Oracle
    JodyMooney-Oracle Product Management, Eloqua Posts: 350 Employee

@bkhayes Hundreds at least! What's the max number of sessions you'd need? We can dig in and get clarification from the team as needed.

Group Product Manager, CX - Marketing: Eloqua

• bkhayes
    bkhayes Posts: 59 Silver Medal

Hundreds at the very least. If you could look into it that would be awesome. Thank you!

• jessenobbe
    jessenobbe Posts: 54 Bronze Medal

@bkhayes you can refer to this document: https://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/contracts/eloqua-service-descriptions-1958979.pdf for a lot of the various limits. If that URL does not stay up-to-date just do a web search for "Eloqua Service Descriptions". Although to be fair, it does not appear to list anything explicitly related to the number of event sessions.

• User_QPK96
    User_QPK96 Posts: 1 Green Ribbon

Is there any way to get a count of what the limits are currently at e.g. how much has been used out of how many are available per API? The comment at the top saying this is not possible is from 2014, I'm hoping something has changes in the last 8 years....

• jessenobbe
    jessenobbe Posts: 54 Bronze Medal

@User_QPK96, the best you can do is look in the Operations Center.

API limits are soft though. The only place you'll get in trouble is making too many calls too quickly in my experience.