• 7,023 Discussions
  • 12,007 Comments

Discussions

Centrally block multi step campaign email sendings during (public) holidays

Simon Kaufmann
Simon Kaufmann Posts: 3 Red Ribbon
edited Oct 28, 2021 8:11AM in Dream It

Problem

Whenever we have a public holiday, bank holidays or a period of time where we don't want to send out emails (for example in between christmas and new years eve ) we need to deactivate all running multi step campaigns manually. As we have a lot of nurturing and other campaigns running in parallel, this is every time a huge manual effort and error-prone.

Potential Solution

We would like to have a centrally managed calendar/list of dates where we could define on which dates multistep campaigns should (optional) not send out emails.

Within the "Scheduling tab" of the "email send campaign step" we would like to have an option where we could decide if the emails should get blocked based on the holiday list:

An even more sophisticated solution would be a drop-down next to the checkbox where you could choose your holiday list. This would make sense for customers having campaigns running in different countries with different holiday lists.

Post edited by Simon Kaufmann on
Tagged:
13 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• User_LK8S1
    User_LK8S1 Posts: 9 Employee

Great idea, I have a UK customer looking for this exact feature.

• gvikas-Oracle
    gvikas-Oracle Posts: 2 Employee
    edited Nov 29, 2021 1:43PM

Hi Simon,

Thanks for sharing it with us. Interesting idea, but not currently under consideration on the roadmap. There are many questions that arise when contemplating this topic including which holidays would the system reflect? There are tons globally. Is it the user's holiday or the recipients? Would the email be suppressed or delayed?

Thanks.

• Simon Kaufmann
    Simon Kaufmann Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Hi

I'm not really sure if you complely understood my idea:

There are tons globally.

As mentioned in the my initial comment the holidays would be manged in a central list which the marketing team is able to maintain/update induvidually. There is no "global list". In a more sophisticated solution (see comment) i could think of different lists for each country in which Eloqua Clients are active in more then one country. The holiday are not send by Oracle, they are set induvidually by the User/Marketing Managers.

Is it the user's holiday or the recipients?

I dont know exactly what you mean with this question. Its about days/dates we don't want to send out emails (usally when recepients are not working) for examle at christmas, easter bank holiday etc.

Example: We are from Switzerland and we are usally not sending out any Nurturing Campaign emails in between Christams and New Years eve. This means we will need to deactivate about 20-30 campaigns manually soon. If we would have this central list where we just could block these days we wouldn't have any manual work to do at all.

Would the email be suppressed or delayed?

It would exactly work like you block a certain weekday as for example Saturday or Sunday (see screenshot in my intial post). The email would go out at the next possible unblocked day.

Feel free to contact me directly if you need any further explanation.

• Thanks for the clarification. This gives more clarity to the idea. We will explore the possibilities of putting this on the roadmap.

• User_LK8S1
    User_LK8S1 Posts: 9 Employee

I have a couple of customers looking for this very feature and would provide Eloqua with a USP.

• lkmeyers
    lkmeyers Posts: 9 Blue Ribbon

Great idea! This is something we would take advantage of! Pausing campaigns or having to explain to requestors why it's a bad idea to send on certain holidays gets exhausting!

• Ramya Ponnusamy
    Ramya Ponnusamy Posts: 11 Blue Ribbon

That's a great idea and much needed for effective handling of public holidays while working with multiple countries.