Discussions

Reuse of fields into SFDC

User_YZHGG
User_YZHGG Posts: 19 Green Ribbon

Hello :)

If I am utilizing say an Opt-In field which is mapped to say SFDC Instance #1 , can I use the Opt-in field in the same Eloqua instance into SFDC Instance #2 ? And if so, what , if any , would be the consequence to the first SFDC instance I have it mapped to?

We're talking here one Eloqua instance field mapped to two SFDC instances.

THANKS!

Best Answer

• Sachin Jain-Oracle
    Sachin Jain-Oracle Mr Posts: 161 Employee
    Answer ✓

HI User_YZHGG,

Thank you for reaching out to the community forum with your question.

Integrating 2 SFDC’s into 1 Eloqua can be very tricky and not officially supported as there are several gotchas and limitations. Here a few of the gotchas that we are aware of - 

- Data Priority, if there is a contact in both instances with the same email address - Which one takes priority in Eloqua? they would need to develop a business process around this.

- Activity Logging - may be problematic, they may want to use profiler instead, but if there is contact overlap this also might be problematic as well

- Campaign Integration can only be tied to one instance. Because we can only store 1 campaign id on the campaign object and the brief case step can only pull from that field

- Only 1 schema can be persisted in the field mapping screen. Both SFDC instances should have the schema, otherwise making changes will be problematic.

- Company Linkage can only support 1 CRM (that is because the account linkage goes off 1 field)

- Multiple CRM Lead Management flows would need to be created

Support KB article: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/SearchDocDisplay?_adf.ctrl-state=2in8m1u8o_4&_afrLoop=250214824109627#FIX

If I answered your question, please click "yes" in the "Did this answer your question" section below.

If you would like to continue the discussion here, please feel free to post your comment or feedback.

Thanks

Sachin Jain

Community Manager

Stay Safe | Stay Healthy

Thanks, and Best Regards

Sachin Jain | CX Community Manager