[Tips] How to Improve Email Deliverability?
If you are looking for tips for improving your email deliverability, you are in the right place! I have condensed here a lot of information and gathered some resources to help you. Email deliverability is quite a sensitive topic for all marketers because it is basically the foundation of what an email marketer does.
In simple words, email deliverability is the ability of an email to reach its destination, the recipient’s inbox folder as opposed to the spam or junk folder. Let’s say you’ve created a great campaign, but you see a huge spam rate or bounce rate – well, that’s a sign you should check your deliverability rates!
This ability of an email to land in the inbox is in direct relation to your IP reputation, so when you are sending your communication you need to pay attention to a variety of factors that influence email deliverability.
I added here a compelling video where our Consulting’s Chad S. White and Daniel Deneweth explain in the detail all you need to know on this topic: Understanding Email Deliverability: Key Factors & Key Performance Indicators.
Below are the 7 factors that you need to pay close attention to:
1. Infrastructure - Authentication: SPF, DKIM, DMARC; do you have all this implemented for your emails?
2. Volume - Are you consistent in your volumes and frequency?
3. Content – Are you paying attention to the wording, image – text balance?
4. Bounces & Spam traps - Do you regularly clean your data?
5. Complaints – Are your spam complaints low?
6. Engagement: Do you personalize your communication to your audience considering their digital behavior?
7. Reputation: when was the last time you checked your IP and domain reputation?
If you are paying attention to all 7 factors, it means your deliverability rate is rocking. If not, then let’s start today with some simple steps:
1) Check this video on deliverability to fully understand how our behavior influences the way our emails are received
2) Watch this course at Eloqua University – to get fully prepared
3) If you need someone to investigate the deliverability issues you can always open a ticket to My Oracle Support
And don’t forget, reputation is hard to maintain and easy to lose. Share your email deliverability story below if you wish others to learn from your experience.
See you next time,