Why do I need an additional ICMP type 8 as part of Egress Rules for private subnet
SummaryWhy do I need an additional ICMP type 8 as part of Egress Rules for private subnet when I already have Ingress Rule which is stateful
I have been troubleshooting this issue for a while -
1. A VCN is created with 2 subnets, private and public.
2. Private subnet is attached with nat gateway. A custom route table is created with no additional route rules.
3. Custom security list created with ingress rule as follow -
- Stateless: No (all rules must be stateful)
- Source Type: CIDR
- Source CIDR: Your VCN's CIDR
- IP Protocol: ICMP
- Type: 8
- Code: All
4. Created 1 compute instance and 1 db system in private subnet, however they are only pingable when adding Egress rule as follows -