We'd love to hear from you! Provide  feedback  to earn a badge today. Take our quick survey
You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Can uneditable fields in the Export-Manage in Workbook become editable?

Received Response
Views
Comments
edited Sep 11, 2020 2:54PM in Compensation 4 comments

Summary

Want to use current uneditable fields in the Manage in Workbook functionality

Content

The Manage in Workbook functionality allows only certain fields to be uploaded back into the worksheet.  I understand that managers should probably not have the ability to change certain fields.  However,  we do not allow managers to use this functionality.  

We currently have to reassign Primary Managers for a large number of our populations because only certain managers can plan for certain components.  We want to maintain the approval process of Managers Must Submit which is another reason we need to change the primary managers.

I know we can reassign using a fast formula. I'm wondering if anyone has considered doing it in Manager in Workbook.  It seems like it would be much easier. And based on what I've read in the forums it seems like there are other locked fields that people would like to use for a mass upload.  

Howdy, Stranger!

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!