How to Add Maintenance Work Order cost to Inventory Asset Item Cost?
We need to add the maintenance cost incurred on an asset to respective inventory asset item.
We have a critical business requirement as described below,
- Business purchases a serialized asset enabled item for stock (Actual costing, 100$)
- Purchased asset is available in Install-base
- Business creates a maintenance work order for this asset and performs some repair operation by spending labor and spare parts for 20$ (Maintenance Work order cost).
- We need to apply this 20$ to the asset item available in stock
- So that the item is available for sale to be priced as 120$ + Margin
This need to be achieved without Manufacturing module.