You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Refunding Involuntary Garnishment - Balance Adjustment

Received Response


Need to refund a garnishment for an employee due to over payment and correct their Year-to-Date with Balance Adjustment.

Content (required):

I am new to Oracle and I need to know how to refund a garnishment for an employee due to over payment.

Steps I believe I need to take

Stop/End Date the garnishment in the Calculation Card to ensure no more payments moving forward.

Go in Element Entries and use an one time use entry to refund the amount. (I wish I could just put the negative amount in the Calculation Card)

I know I have to do a Balance Adjust. Go to My Client Groups - Payroll - Adjust Individual Balances - Search the person name - add the Effective Date - Add Adjustment Values - Involuntary Deduction - Garnishment - Garnishment Company - Amount I need to return in negative - The Reference number of the garnishment -

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.


Don't have an account? Click here to get started!