You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Ampere instance disabled – Unable to recreate in UK-LONDON-1-AD-1 due to Out of Capacity

Summary:

Always Free Ampere instance disabled – Trapped in UK-LONDON-1-AD-1 due to Out of Capacity


Content (please ensure you mask any confidential information):

Hello,

My Always Free Ampere instance was disabled following the recent resource adjustments to the free tier limits.

I followed the official guidelines to scale down: I terminated the old disabled instance while preserving my 200 GB Boot Volume, which contains all my projects data and configurations. My original volume is physically locked to afNC:UK-LONDON-1-AD-1 in the London region.

For over a month, I have been using an automated script via the official OCI CLI to periodically retry launching a new compliant shape (VM.Standard.A1.Flex with 2 oCPUs and 12 GB RAM) using my original boot volume. However, I am persistently met with the "Out of capacity" error for AD-1.

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!