You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

OCI Free Tier signup fails after successful debit-card verification — account creation error

edited 5:51AM in OCI - General 1 comment

Hello Oracle Cloud Community,

I am trying to create my first Oracle Cloud Free Tier account, but I have been unable to complete the signup for almost one month.

I would really appreciate guidance from an Oracle employee or someone who has successfully resolved the same issue.

What happened

During the Oracle Cloud Free Tier signup:

1. I used my real personal information and billing/address information.

2. I used a physical, bank-issued debit card.

3. The card verification/authorization appeared to complete successfully.

4. The authorization was subsequently reversed.

5. Immediately afterward, OCI account creation failed with a generic error similar to:

"Oops, we're sorry, an error occurred while creating your account."

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!