Always Free A1 disabled at 2 OCPU / 12 GB; boot storage reduced to 194 GB
Summary:
A Free Tier VM.Standard.A1.Flex instance (2 OCPUs / 12 GB RAM) in eu-frankfurt-1 is administratively disabled and cannot start, even after active boot storage was reduced to 194 GB.
Content:
Hello OCI team and community,
My Free Trial expired on September 3, 2026, and I received the final trial-ended notice on October 2. The A1 instance is Stopped. Start returns: "Instance is disabled and will not accept any action requests. Please contact customer support to reenable."
Two Always Free E2.1.Micro instances are still running. I found 241 GB of boot volumes, including an old unattached 47 GB volume. I terminated that unused volume. The remaining active boot volumes total 194 GB; the checked root compartment has no additional block volumes. The affected instance's 100 GB boot volume remains Available and attached. Start is still refused.