You're almost there! Please answer a few more questions for access to the Applications content. Complete registration
Interested in joining? Complete your registration by providing Areas of Interest here. Register

Unable to Restore Instance from Existing Boot Volume – VM.Standard.A1.Flex Out of Capacity

Summary:

Hello Oracle OCI Community,

I am trying to restore my previous OCI compute instance using its existing Boot Volume.

The original instance is no longer available, but the Boot Volume is still present in my tenancy and contains my previous system, applications, and data. I am trying to create a new compute instance using this existing Boot Volume so I can recover my environment.

However, when I try to create the instance using the Always Free shape:

VM.Standard.A1.Flex

I receive the following error:

API Error

Out of capacity for shape VM.Standard.A1.Flex in availability domain AD-1. Create the instance in a different availability domain or try again later. If you specified a fault domain, try creating the instance without specifying a fault domain. If that doesn’t work, please try again later.

Howdy, Stranger!

Log In

To view full details, sign in.

Register

Don't have an account? Click here to get started!