My sincere request is to ask Oracle to introduce indentation as a feature in OAC DV pivot view. Since the traditional users are excel based , they would love this feature. As of now it is not available, how do i achieve it. I am using only OAC DV.
Hi and thank you for your suggestion. The forum is for questions. Your request is about a feature so I moved your post to the idea lab.
Hi,
Can you share a example of indendation in pivot? For hierarchy columns we already do that. For non-hierarchy columns, i would like to see a example.
Thanks
Here is illustration from excel that we are trying to create. Please note that vs LY , vs Plan , vs Fcst are not hierarchy columns.
Another example: we wanted DPC, Total Material Loss%, and other columns to be indented. Since we do not have any other option, we have used ‘___’ as a prefix to show it
Hi @User_4RQY1, adding to @Avinash Krishnaram-Oracle answer for alternatives until this is fully supported OOB (assuming you have different columns to represent each 'level') :
hope that helps for your use case, let us know if you need more details
In my use case and example that I have shared, ‘vs LY’, ‘vs Plan’, and ‘vs Fcst’ do not roll up to Net Sales and Gross Profit. They are separate columns and flat members, not part of any hierarchy. This is how the business prefers to view it, similar to how we use indentations in Excel for visual clarity. I hope this makes sense. This change is primarily for aesthetic purposes.
@Ajinkya Vyawahare thank you for the clarity
I am creating two tables in a freeform report and overlaying these tables to appear as one to the end user. I can hide the header titles by setting the font and highlight colour to the same as the background colour but it would be better if there was a functionality to disable the header row completely.
My organization needs a practical way to generate a comprehensive report listing all members—including both direct and inherited assignments—of every custom application role within the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Console’s Roles and Permissions area. Today, the only built‑in method is exporting one role at a time through…
Currently you are able to change the width of a field in a table or pivot table by dragging the border but there is no option to manually fix it to a set value e.g. 100px. Justification: I am creating a report with two tables in freeform and need the field widths to have the same size when I overlay one table on the other.…
Request for an enhancement to Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) Classic Analysis Selection Steps on measure suppression for a specific calculated member created through Selection Steps. This idea is opened based on the directions from oracle CEAL team, for more details please find the below service request. SR -…
Hi, We use a lot of Custom App Roles in OAC Console and It would be easier to have an API to manage the members of App Roles.