Oracle Business Intelligence

Products Banner

Table Section Header showing incorrect data in 12C

Received Response

We are in the process of testing for an upgrade from to

In a query that was moved from the old system, I have a calculated field in a table section header.
As shown below, It is displaying an incorrect value in the Section Heading.  The accurate value is shown in the
body of the table.  (added here for illustrative purposes):

The calculated field "ADV FFY" simply converts a calendar date to a U.S federal fiscal year:  CASE WHEN MONTH(<advdate>) IN (10,11,12) THEN YEAR(<advdate>)+1 else YEAR(<advdate>) end

"<advdate>" is an ifnull statement substituting a forecast date when an actual completion date is null: ifnull("Project Schedule Milestones"."Advertise Actual","Project Schedule Milestones"."Advertise Forecast")

This error does not occur in pivot table or chart section headers.

Is this a known bug in 12C?


  • Adam Wickes
    Adam Wickes ✭✭✭✭✭

    Just out of interest, if you remove the calculated part and just use <advdate> as your formula, does it show the same figure in table and header?

    We're in the process of migrating as well and I've noticed a few changes in the way dates are handled. BIP queries for one.

    Have you tried creating a new analysis with only that column and seeing if the issue happens? There could be some corruption in the migration.

  • Jerry Casey
    Jerry Casey ✭✭✭✭✭

    Hi Adam,
    I have tried what you suggested, and been unable to reproduce the error.  So far, it's only occurred (or been discovered) in this migrated query.
    My main concern is about the hundreds of migrated queries. The discrepancy was pretty obvious in the example I cited, but may be lurking elsewhere.

    Another quirk I've noticed is that some of the migrated query filters don't work until the filtered column is added to the criteria window.  No error messages-it just ignores the filter.  That's new to me.


  • Adam Wickes
    Adam Wickes ✭✭✭✭✭

    We're going through a system integration test phase as we speak and finding a lot of issues like the one you've mentioned here.
    While it's probably expected in a major version change, it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

    Good luck!!