Oracle Business Intelligence

Products Banner

Problem coreapplication_obijh1 during Installation OBIEE 11g

Received Response
Views
Comments

Hi, I'm installing OBIEE 11.1.1.9.0 (in a operating system Linux x86-64bit) and during the installation (with 'Simple Install' modality) in the last step, I obtained this kind of error: Configuration Action 'Executing: opmnctl start coreapplication_obijh1 ' has failed, like in the picture below:

How can I resolve it? I'm in 82% and I can't finish the installation.

In the log file there is:

opmnctl startproc: starting opmn managed processes...

progress in calculate progress2

Executing Task: Executing: opmnctl start coreapplication_obijh1

*************** Trying to Start OPMN **************

*************** Executing Command **************

/dati/creobiee/MiddlewareHome1/instances/instance1/bin/opmnctl startproc ias-component=coreapplication_obijh1

opmnctl startproc: starting opmn managed processes...

================================================================================

opmn id=adrtim-fe:9511

Response: 0 of 1 processes started.

ias-instance id=instance1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ias-component/process-type/process-set:

coreapplication_obijh1/OracleBIJavaHostComponent/coreapplication_obijh1/

Error

--> Process (index=1,uid=1629252988,pid=30730)

time out while waiting for a managed process to start

Log:

/dev/null

java.lang.Exception: opmnctl task failed

at oracle.as.install.bi.biconfig.standard.OpmnctlTask.doExecute(OpmnctlTask.java:121)

at oracle.as.install.bi.biconfig.standard.AbstractProvisioningTask.execute(AbstractProvisioningTask.java:70)

at oracle.as.install.bi.biconfig.standard.StandardProvisionTaskList.execute(StandardProvisionTaskList.java:66)

at oracle.as.install.bi.biconfig.BIConfigMain.doExecute(BIConfigMain.java:113)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.client.ConfigAction.execute(ConfigAction.java:403)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.run(TaskPerformer.java:101)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.TaskPerformer.startConfigAction(TaskPerformer.java:121)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.ActionRequest.perform(ActionRequest.java:15)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.RequestQueue.performSequentialExecution(RequestQueue.java:335)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.action.RequestQueue.perform(RequestQueue.java:311)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.standard.StandardConfigActionManager.start(StandardConfigActionManager.java:200)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.boot.ConfigurationExtension.kickstart(ConfigurationExtension.java:81)

at oracle.as.install.engine.modules.configuration.ConfigurationModule.run(ConfigurationModule.java:86)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Tagged:

Answers

• Installing a product that isn't supported and is more than 7 years old? You are at least hopefully using a certified OS, because otherwise it's pointless to even keep trying.

Your should find detailed logs, probably also in the component's log directly, giving you reasons for something not starting.

The message posted just says that it couldn't start it and that's what result in a failure. It doesn't says anything about the root cause.