Discussions

Campaign Designer- FAQ

Preethika Kalyanasundaram-Oracle
edited May 2, 2022 6:11AM in Responsys

As part of our 19 C release, we launched our new simplified Campaign Designer aimed at improving the effiency of the marketer in setting up of campaigns. In this article, we have addressed some common FAQs that a user might encounter while working with the designer.

How do I set up Data sources in the new Campaign Designer?

Data sources section can be accessed by clicking on the 'Data sources' link in the message section. There doesn't exist a separate panel for Data sources. Clicking on the link opens up a dialog that will enable the user to configure different data sources option.

image2019-7-1_11-55-19.png

How do I preview my message?

Users can preview a message from two sections in Campaign Designer, one from Message panel and other from 'Preview and Test' residing in the top section. Clicking on the 'Preview' option will open up the message preview in a new tab.
image2019-7-1_12-58-7.png

image2019-7-1_13-0-48.png

How to preview my message using the Proof list?

Currently, in Campaign Designer user will have to do a proof launch at least once in order to preview the message using proof list since the proof list selection happens in the 'Proof launch' window. This user experience flow will be re-visited in upcoming releases so that user doesn't have to do a proof launch to preview the message and perform these two actions independently.

Why are the two options 'Workbook' and 'Message Designer' missing from Preview?

In Workbook, message preview would open up in the same window/tab and hence in order for the user to navigate back to Workbook or Message Designer those two options were needed. From Message preview, clicking on the 'Workbook' option would navigate the user back to Workbook and clicking on the 'Message Designer' button would navigate the user back to Message Designer. In Campaign Designer, we made enhancements such that Message preview will open up in a new window/tab, hence there is no need for those options anymore.

What happens when I make changes to a panel and do not save my changes?

When edits are made to a specific panel in Campaign designer and if you navigate to a different panel without saving the changes then the user will be presented with a dialog that looks like below:

image2019-7-1_13-1-38.png

User will have the option to either discard the changes or save it before proceeding to the next one.     

How can I get this feature enabled for my account?         

Any new account on-boarded post 19 C release will have the new Campaign Designer feature enabled by default for all channels. For existing accounts, this feature is available on controlled availability:

1. Customer will have to raise a SR to support
    2. Support will reach out to concerned PMs and seek their approval
    3. Support upon receiving approval will point the customer to necessary documentation related to this feature and enable it.

Is the new Campaign Designer available for all channels?

Campaign Designer is available for channels namely: Email, Push, In-App, Message center, and SMS. This is not available for MMS.

Post edited by OIT Integration User on
Tagged:

Comments

• Henrik Jochumsen
    Henrik Jochumsen Posts: 171 Blue Ribbon

Greate news!

Any plans on making custom widgets ?

I think custom widgets would be very beneficial.

Features of a custom widget:

1. Own widgets like: Personalized HERO, membership info, product lists, etc.
    2. Input/content fields can be entered in the EMD / widget
      1. Fields like: Headline, HERO image, number of products in list
      2. Segmentation field: MEMBERSHIP: Only should this widget if MEMBER is GOLD.
    3. HTML generated by RPL / file from content library
      1. Data-sources are available, so a product list can be generated based on the customers (personalized)
      2. Brand specific style, based on customer data (no need for sub accounts)
      3. Reused of HTML code, because same RPL code is used in campaigns
    4. Split campaign design and HTML. You dont need to known HTML to make a newsletter. Just drop widgets and enter content a specific input fields.

Hope this would be possible.

• Greate news!

Any plans on making custom widgets ?

I think custom widgets would be very beneficial.

Features of a custom widget:

1. Own widgets like: Personalized HERO, membership info, product lists, etc.
    2. Input/content fields can be entered in the EMD / widget
      1. Fields like: Headline, HERO image, number of products in list
      2. Segmentation field: MEMBERSHIP: Only should this widget if MEMBER is GOLD.
    3. HTML generated by RPL / file from content library
      1. Data-sources are available, so a product list can be generated based on the customers (personalized)
      2. Brand specific style, based on customer data (no need for sub accounts)
      3. Reused of HTML code, because same RPL code is used in campaigns
    4. Split campaign design and HTML. You dont need to known HTML to make a newsletter. Just drop widgets and enter content a specific input fields.

Hope this would be possible.

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your helpful inputs. Custom widgets is in our product roadmap.

Thanks,

Preethika