$date_group giving different results when changed from in search box
I have a report to count incidents by a custom field and I have set up a $date_group variable to group my data by month. I have a column called "Month" with this definition date_format(incidents.created, $date_group)
I have made it a crosstab report with the month as the column and the custom field as the row and the Total field (count(*)) as the Output field.
Custom Field 23
When I run the report, I get an incorrect value - I am short by 8 incidents. But on that exact same report, if I change the date grouping in the search box to run by Year/Month/Day, I get the correct number of incidents in the totals. If I run it by Year/Week, I am one incident short. I have no idea why just changing the Date Grouping would cause the count to be so different. I am not changing the date range - it is set to between -1 month rounded and 0 months rounded. Has anyone run into