Period End Accrual - "Create Accrual Reversal Accounting" ESS necessary?
To generate period-end accruals, I have always followed these steps:
1) Transfer Transactions from Receiving to Costing
2) Transfer Costs to Cost Management
3) Submit the Create Uninvoiced Receipt Accruals process
4) Run the Uninvoiced Receipt Accrual Report (this is of course optional)
5) Submit Create Accounting for Receipt Accounting/Period End Accruals
Step 5 creates both the period end entries AND the reversals for the first day of the next period.
Example: it creates the accrual entries on Sep 30, 2021 and also creates the reversal entries with an accounting date of Oct 1, 2021.
QUESTION: in one of Oracle's documents, it states that the following ESS job should also be run: