Discussions

Eloqua Insight Resource Page

Otilia Antipa-Oracle
Otilia Antipa-Oracle Product ManagerPosts: 106 Employee
edited Sep 14, 2022 8:32PM in Eloqua

Whether you're new to Eloqua Insight (OBIEE) or an advanced user, you'll find useful information on this page

Latest content posted: [NEW] OBIEE Metrics: Auto Opens and Auto Clicks

ExplainedReporters: Report Users

Oracle University:

Analyzers: Report & Dashboard Builders

Dashboards

More advanced topics

Related posts:
Post edited by Otilia Antipa-Oracle on

Comments

• This is great, looking forward to the general roll-out and adoption of our new Analytics capability!

• Question:
    For Agent, are we able to choose specific time and timezone for the scheduling of automated reporting?

• Hi there,

Is there any recording for the customer briefing sessions?

• Hi there,

Is there any recording for the customer briefing sessions?

I was just informed it should be published by this weekend.
    stay tuned!

• rmclaffe
    rmclaffe Posts: 2 Blue Ribbon

Is there any pricing available for the Analyzer a la carte classes coming in the new  year?

• Adrian Chang-Oracle
    Adrian Chang-Oracle Posts: 81 Green Ribbon

Is there any pricing available for the Analyzer a la carte classes coming in the new  year?

@rmclaffe: We will update you shortly on pricing! cc @Gretchen Bulan-Oracle

• rmclaffe
    rmclaffe Posts: 2 Blue Ribbon

@rmclaffe: We will update you shortly on pricing! cc @Gretchen Bulan-Oracle

Great, thanks!

• Great, thanks!

Hi @rmclaffe ,

The cost for the new Analyzer courses will be based on the per-day price for Oracle University LVC courses, which is currently $880/day/participant. Please contact our education sales team at [email protected] for more details and registration information. Note that if you have an active education pass, these courses will be included in the B2B curriculum provided with the pass.

Have a great day,

Gretchen

• Are there endpoints for the api to access the new device open attributes?

• Education update from Oracle University!

Three new Insight for Analyzer courses are now scheduled in the learning portal -- see the B2B course list here with descriptions: . Course names are:

B2B: Insight for Analyzers - Analysis (1-day LVC course)

B2B: Insight for Analyzers - Groups (1-day LVC course)

B2B: Insight for Analyzers - Dashboards (1-day LVC course)

Students with an education pass can enroll for these courses in the learning portal. LVC participation for these courses can also be purchased individually by contacting the education sales team, [email protected]. Courses should be taken in the order above.

• This might just be the worst UX overhaul I have ever seen.

• Oracle team - Jusy saw the OBIEE announcement on Eloqua login this morning. You have a lot of work to do before September if you really expect all Reporting to be done in the new Analytics UI. The ease of use and stability are simply not there today.

Don't get me wrong I think the move to your own BI tool is a good thing, but take a cold hard look at the current implementation.....

• Edina Popi
    Edina Popi Posts: 3 Red Ribbon

Dear Oracle team,

As a long time Eloqua user I am happy to see the changes the system is going through. However, this time I have to speak up regarding the OBIEE roll out as right now in its current status the tool is not fit for purpose. As the global admin for a telco company with 300+ users we are experiencing issues running, scheduling, exporting, opening or just displaying data in the new Insight. Naturally this happens on an ad hoc basis so by the time I am trying to prove my point in front of the Oracle support team the report works again. Please review your deployment and roll out plan for OBIEE otherwise it simply won't stand the ground.

• Brent Landry
    Brent Landry Posts: 8 Red Ribbon

Dear Oracle team,

As a long time Eloqua user I am happy to see the changes the system is going through. However, this time I have to speak up regarding the OBIEE roll out as right now in its current status the tool is not fit for purpose. As the global admin for a telco company with 300+ users we are experiencing issues running, scheduling, exporting, opening or just displaying data in the new Insight. Naturally this happens on an ad hoc basis so by the time I am trying to prove my point in front of the Oracle support team the report works again. Please review your deployment and roll out plan for OBIEE otherwise it simply won't stand the ground.

This is likely Oracle trying to shoehorn their old BI product in to a next generation platform that Oracle acquired and built on a totally different architecture.

• AmandaB
    AmandaB Posts: 5 Red Ribbon

Will we need flash to access the new insight reports?

• Will we need flash to access the new insight reports?

Yes, you do.

Thank you,

Jazmine Duke | Principal Product Manager, Insight

• AmandaB

Yes, you do.

Thank you,

Thank you

• AmandaB

Thank you

We were told at some time that the need for Flash was a bug that will be fixed. Long term will we need Flash? @JazmineDuke-Oracle

• We were told at some time that the need for Flash was a bug that will be fixed. Long term will we need Flash? @JazmineDuke-Oracle

@AmandaB

Let me clarify my above response: Yes, Flash is needed for some functionality in OBIEE, but not all of it, and we are investigating possibilities of how to address that / lessen the need for it.

Thank you,

• Katie Growt-Oracle
    Katie Growt-Oracle Posts: 3 Green Ribbon

@AmandaB

Let me clarify my above response: Yes, Flash is needed for some functionality in OBIEE, but not all of it, and we are investigating possibilities of how to address that / lessen the need for it.

Thank you,

Jazmine, could we get a list of which reports are allowed without flash, and which require flash?

• Jazmine, could we get a list of which reports are allowed without flash, and which require flash?

Current state, every report requires Flash to run the report. I am working on a solution for this with the development team - more to come on this in the next few weeks.

Thank you,

3040367 Posts: 8 Green Ribbon

Current state, every report requires Flash to run the report. I am working on a solution for this with the development team - more to come on this in the next few weeks.

Thank you,

Would like to see Flash requirement removed. Flash is deemed a security risk in my organisation, so now that Classic Insights is being decommissioned our Eloqua users will lose a lot of reporting functionality.

• Would like to see Flash requirement removed. Flash is deemed a security risk in my organisation, so now that Classic Insights is being decommissioned our Eloqua users will lose a lot of reporting functionality.

Hello,

Based on your profile, I can't see what company you are with - do you mind sharing that with me?

Thank you,

3040367 Posts: 8 Green Ribbon
    edited Apr 17, 2018 2:35AM

Hello,

Based on your profile, I can't see what company you are with - do you mind sharing that with me?

Thank you,

Hi @JazmineDuke-Oracle,

Not sure if my company makes much of a difference but our site IDs are 1678951113 & 996952385.

• Hello...

I handle reporting for an Ad Agency partnered with an Eloqua customer.  I have been diligently working to try to move key reports into the new Insight.  I generally start the process by taking an existing Insight report, save a new version of it and customize it for our specific needs.

The challenge I am having is that the existing reports in new Insight, without any customization on my part, won't run a month's worth of my client's activity.  I get an EKMT3FK5 error indicating I exceeded the maximum number of allowed input records.  This dovetails with another error that says something about the temp file being used to process the report exceeded the allowable size.

I tried running the report for a smaller date range.  It works when I set the range for 2 days.  So does that mean I have to run 15 versions of the report, 2 days at a time, to get a full month?  Not a good solution.

Is there a way to resolve these issues?  Is it because my client has too much data and Insight can't handle it?  Is there a way to reset the maximum number of allowed input records and/or the temp file size?  Otherwise, new Insight doesn't work.

Jim

• SWaldbauer
    SWaldbauer Posts: 5 Green Ribbon

Hello...

I handle reporting for an Ad Agency partnered with an Eloqua customer.  I have been diligently working to try to move key reports into the new Insight.  I generally start the process by taking an existing Insight report, save a new version of it and customize it for our specific needs.

The challenge I am having is that the existing reports in new Insight, without any customization on my part, won't run a month's worth of my client's activity.  I get an EKMT3FK5 error indicating I exceeded the maximum number of allowed input records.  This dovetails with another error that says something about the temp file being used to process the report exceeded the allowable size.

I tried running the report for a smaller date range.  It works when I set the range for 2 days.  So does that mean I have to run 15 versions of the report, 2 days at a time, to get a full month?  Not a good solution.

Is there a way to resolve these issues?  Is it because my client has too much data and Insight can't handle it?  Is there a way to reset the maximum number of allowed input records and/or the temp file size?  Otherwise, new Insight doesn't work.

Jim

I have been having similar issues Jim. I can't seem to find a workaround at all. Hoping someone can chime in with a solution, but I'm not that hopeful.

• Autumn Righino
    Autumn Righino Posts: 5 Blue Ribbon

Hello...

Jim

I get this same error constantly too!

• Harri Lehtonen
    Harri Lehtonen Posts: 1 Red Ribbon

@JodyMooney-Oracle I tried to register to the customer briefing session but the registration page doesn't allow my email address.

• Lorenzo Ruzzene
    Lorenzo Ruzzene Posts: 43 Blue Ribbon

@JodyMooney-Oracle I tried to register to the customer briefing session but the registration page doesn't allow my email address.

the same happens to me, I think there's a validation rule that allows only @oracle.com email addresses?

• rachel.myers
    rachel.myers Posts: 3 Blue Ribbon

Simantel's SQL WHERE Clause Generator

Simantel has developed an SQL Where Clause Generator that will allow you to select between an Email Analysis or Form Submission Data Report and select from a large list of relative timeframes. The SQL query is automatically generated and by using the Copy Results button you’re able to input this query in your OBIEE Insight report. We've provided a quick 2 minute tutorial video and how to document. Good luck in your transition to OBIEE. Please let us know if you have questions or need assistance with the transition.

https://www.simantel.com/time-saving-app-for-eloqua/