Oracle Community is on the Move!
Over the course of the next two weeks, Oracle Community will be migrating off of its current platform and onto a new one powered by Vanilla Forums. In preparation for the transition, the community will be temporarily put into read-only mode for 3-4 days, giving users the ability to view but not interact with content. We will continue to notify you regarding this process, as dates become set. These access limitations will only impact community areas that are on community.oracle.com.
Planned enhancements include:
- A more modern, simple and mobile-friendly interface
- Better performance for faster-loading content
- Improved navigation and organization, so you can find what you are looking for faster
- New features such as social sharing, embedded videos, and more
- Increased ways to connect and engage with other community members
We know change can be a little scary, so we’ve created a Community Migration FAQ and will be posting periodic announcements to keep you updated every step of the way. Your ideas continue to drive our roadmap, so we encourage you to post your suggestions to Community Ideas, and to share your thoughts on the migration to Community Feedback.
Thank you all for your patience during this process. We look forward to providing you with new and improved features, functionality and community experiences.
*Please don't post product-related questions in the feedback space; instead, navigate to or search for an appropriate product community to post them in. Thanks!
- Change your display name
- Log into Oracle Community
- Click on the drop-down arrow next to your name in the upper right corner
- In the Actions list on your profile page, click "Edit Profile"
- Choose the "Your Profile" tab on this page
- From Your Profile Tab, Select the Edit link next to your username. (Note: Click on the blue "Edit" link where it shows "The Handle name applies to the name that shows up...")
- Enter the public Display Name you want next to"Your Display Name".
- Select the Save button
- Note: You must log out of the community and then log back in for your change to take effect.
- Find your product space to ask a question
- Search from the Welcome Page using "Search for a place to ask a product question," or, use the "Browse" hamburger menu to navigate. (Note that your first post will be moderated.)