I have been tasked with adding a field to the sales order screen that will show reps entering orders whether the items on that order are eligible for free shipping. We have some items that due to size or weight are not eligible for free shipping. And it would be handy if the reps could discern those with a glance on the order form.
I created a custom item field check box on the item record. if the item is eligible that box gets checked. If it is not eligible the box is left unchecked.
I then created a Custom Transaction Line Field which is also a check box and uses the item field as the source. I added the field to our sdsales order form and it shows up.
I did a test order with one item that is eligible and one that is not. The one that is eligible displays a yes in that column but the other is blank. Is there a way t make it show as No if the box is unchecked? Or would I have to change to a multi-select instead of a checkbox to accomplish that?