I am using SuiteCommerce Standard.
Due to great difficulty in finding out how to customize the behavior of our SuiteCommerce web site in the proper way, I've resorted to building an extension that runs client-side javascript on every page, to handle everything from displaying unit-of-measure conversions on each item in the shopping cart, to calculating freight costs before the user places their order, based on the shipping address they select, change, or create.
But since this extension relies on injecting client-side javascript onto every page (whether it's shopping, myaccount, or checkout), and because I needed to be able to iterate on changes to that code quickly, I am concatenating all that javascript from Configuration fields in the extension's Configuration json file.
This actually works just fine, but as my code grows, I keep having to add more of these "string"-type fields to the extension's configuration. Each "string"-type field can only hold 300 characters. I have a browser script snippet that breaks the code into 300-character strings, then sets the Extension's configuration fields in the Web site configuration page to each piece. The Extension's routing and template code concatenates them all back together when the web page loads.
Right now it exceeds 100 of these 300-character fields.
I have not been able to find any documentation on what the different configuration JSON file property/field types are named, so I've been just adding more and more 300-character "string" fields. I would sure like it if I could add a Text Box or a Long Text instead.