Share with colleagues and friends who could benefit from our webinars too!
NSC | Reuse of an old custom role
The customer intends to utilize an inactive custom role and assign it to an existing employee.
Ensure that the role is active and no unwanted users are assigned to the role.
Step I: Ensure that the role is active.
1. Navigate to Setup > Users/Roles > Manage Roles.
2. Enable the Show Inactives checkbox.
3. Click Edit beside the target role.
4. Uncheck Inactive checkbox
5. Go to the Users tab and take note of the other users assigned to this role.
6. Click Save.
Step II: Remove unwanted users from the role.
From the notes of step #5 above, go to each of the user's employee records to remove access to the role.
Michelle Jabanes | NetSuite Support Community Administrator