I created a new dataset named "Customer Age" from the DW_NS_X_CAM_CUSTOMEREXTENSION dataset. I removed all but two columns and added two new columns - "Age_months" for customer age in months and "Age_years" for customer age in years. The results when viewed from the dataset are as expected, but when I use the dataset in a workbook, the Age_years gets truncated (e.g. a value of 0.3 is reported as 0.0).
To understand what is going on, I simplified the dataset as follows:
"Age_months" for all rows is set to 4
"Age_years" for all rows is calculated as CAST( Age_months / 12 AS FLOAT )
Here's how the data looks in the dataset. All is good.
But when looking at the data in a workbook table visual, all of the 0.3 values are reported as 0.0.
If I change the constant for Age_months in the dataset from 4 to 14, what should be displayed as 1.2 is displayed as 1.0. I can't figure out what is causing this and suspect it's something simple/basic. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Scott