AI is there to help and make things smarter but recently I noticed that sometimes it is working against us. Last week our Finance department tried to create an Intercompany Vendor Bill with expense lines. When saving the Vendor Bill they received an error:
Transaction subsidiary XXX is not valid for location YYY. Please choose a different location.
Location? We are using locations but not on Vendor Bills, the field isn’t even visible. I checked a couple of things but could not see what the issue was, suddenly I remembered that we received a Scan&Capture update. So I tried recreating the issue with Scan&Capture and without. When creating the Bill directly without Scan&Capture I did not get the error. So my assumption was that Scan&Capture was passing the location under water to the expense lines on the Vendor Bill.
After creating a support ticket with ZoneandCo and some investigation on their side it turned out that my assumption was correct. The latest Scan&Capture update introduced new GenAI Field functionality. On https://help.zoneandco.com/hc/en-us/articles/20840705184667-GenAIit is described as:
GenAI is a feature in ZoneCapture that can understand your Netsuite environment and the incoming transactions. With this knowledge, it can automatically populate nearly all fields on your vendor transactions and does this without any configuration.
However in our situation this functionality was incorrectly populating a field we did not even use!
On the page mentioned above it is clearing describing how you can enable/disable it on general, vendor or field level. So the fix was simply by going to the ‘ZC GenAI Field List’ page and disable the pre-population for the desired field. After disabling it the Vendor Bill issue was resolved!
So although the solution is simple, you do have to know where to look. If updates like the one from Scan&Capture happen on the background and switch on new functionality where you did not do the settings yourself it can be quit cumbersome to find the fix. I welcome any new functionality, especially if it helps with productivity and efficiency, but I do hope that AI is applied to applications like Netsuite where it really helps us and is not working against us by creating unexplainable phenomenons.
If you encounter similar issues while creating a Vendor Bill I suggest to check AI 😊.