Several new sublist fields we have added to Items are showing up on the Order view page in SuiteCommerce, and these are all fields that the customer doesn't need to see, and will just cause clutter and confusion.
I am not having any luck finding out how to hide them, in the NetSuite help file documentation, SuiteAnswers, or internet searches. Most articles talk about things like this for SuiteCommerce Advanced, and I can't follow the instructions because we have SuiteCommerce Standard.
I found a SuiteAnswer #27638 which says how to make things appear on the sales orders in SuiteCommerce, but these Custom Transaction Line Columns are showing up even though I have not set them the way the SuiteAnswer describes. The unwanted fields only have Sale Item checked, not Store Item (which also means Store Item's "Hidden" checkbox is also not checked, since it's not supposed to be showing in the Store anyway).
I thought maybe I could hide them if I could identify which transaction form is used by SuiteCommerce when it displays purchases AKA Sales Orders, and then hide the fields in that form. But I'm not sure which form it's using. Maybe whichever is the preferred form for the customer center role assigned to SuiteCommerce users?
Another thing I saw was that a Workflow can be used to hide fields based on which customer center role the current user is logged in with. I might resort to that if I can't find the "right" way through a configuration setting I just haven't found yet.