Changes to LastUpdateDate Eloqua Campaign Field Behaviour

Version 4

Overview

Before the 490 release, in order to update the last update date on the Eloqua campaign object through a list import or auto-sync from CRM, customers would have to explicitly select this field to be mapped in the field mapping section of a campaign import or auto-sync. This was inconsistent with how other Eloqua data model objects updated the last updated date and frequently caused confusion with our customers.

With the 490 release (Aug 8 – Aug 20, 2017), a change was made that no longer required a user to select last update date in the field mapping of an Eloqua campaign list import or campaign auto-sync from CRM, and now the last update date on the Eloqua campaign will get updated automatically during an import or an auto synch into Eloqua from CRM.

However, customers that previously mapped the last update date in an Eloqua campaign import or campaign auto-sync will now have an error with their existing imports or campaign auto-syncs.

Action Required

If you mapped the last update date in an Eloqua campaign import or campaign auto-sync before the arrival of the 490 release (Aug 8 – 20, 2017), you will now have an error with your existing imports or campaign auto-syncs.

As such, if you are experiencing campaign imports or auto-sync failures, you are recommended to make a minor change to solve this issue. Please go into the Eloqua campaign auto-sync from CRM and un-map the LastUpdateDate field in the import mapping details.

Going forward, any modified campaigns in CRM since the time of the last successful import will be imported from CRM to Eloqua

FAQs

Q: After I remove the LastUpdateDate from the Campaign Auto-Sync, how can I get any missed campaigns updated in Eloqua from CRM?

A: If your campaign auto-sync was working correctly before the 490 release and stopped functioning due to this change, then once this field is removed from the field mapping it will automatically import any modified campaigns from CRM based on the last successful import date the next time the auto-sync is schedule to run.

Q: My campaign has already completed, will it change the status of the campaign if it gets updated from a campaign import or campaign auto-sync?

A: No. Once a campaign has been completed, it’s status cannot be changed.

Q: I still want to track the Last Update Date of CRM campaign in an Eloqua campaign. How can I do this?

A: You can create a new custom campaign date field for the CRM campaign last updated date in Eloqua (see instructions here), and then update the field mapping for the campaign auto sync. To do so, go into Setup > Integration > Inbound and select Auto Syncs from the Management drop down. Locate your campaign auto sync that your previously had un-mapped the Eloqua LastUpdateDate, and under Field Mappings for that auto sync map this newly create Eloqua campaign field to the corresponding CRM Campaign Last Update Date field.