If you are using external integration tools there is likely to be a requirement to know the contact field IDs, custom object field IDs and Email Group IDs.
Depending on your current access level, environment (sandbox) or your abilities with utilizing the REST API you might need alternative ways to find them. Here are the main ways I have found.
You used to be able to do this via Classic Insight but I don't think it's available in the new Insight which is a shame. It you think this feature should be returned to Insight, please up vote my feature request. If you know any other ways please share too.
Find Contact Field IDs
- Via the REST API
- Via the URL (requires access to fields and views)
Find Custom Object Field IDs
- Via REST API
- Via Eloqua UI source code
Find Email Group IDs
- Via REST API
- Via Eloqua Preference Centre
- Go to "Email Setup" > "Email Groups"
- Make sure that the email group that you want the ID for has a tick against "Include this Email Group on the subscription management page". You should check before doing this in case you are using Eloqua's subscription page in live email campaigns otherwise you could affect what your database is seeing. Please check before proceeding.
- Click on the "Edit & Preview Page" button
- Hit the "Preview" button
- Right click on the preview page and select "View Frame Source"
- Then find the email group which in this case is "Con..." in the code and look for the ID of the input. This is the email group ID which in this case is "303"
Finding Shared List IDs