The following enhancements have been made to Oracle Infinity Data Collection:
- Context (Configuration) Switching. Dynamically switch tag contexts (configurations) through the use of page URL parameters or by specifying a configuration in the tag's "include" URL. If you want the tag to load the "Video Tracking" configuration, for example, use either of the following methods:
To dynamically change a configuration with a page URL parameter: https://www.domain.com/directory/page.html?ora.context=analytics.VideoTracking
To change a configuration using the tag's "include" URL: c.oracleinfinity.io/acs/account/[accountGUID]/js/InfinityUI.odc.js?_ora.context=analytics:VideoTracking
- Tag Optimizations. Several improvements have been made that result in faster execution of the tag and with less overhead.
The following enhancements have been made to Oracle Infinity Analytics:
- Duplicate Names. Infinity Analytics now prevents you from creating collections, reports, dimensions, and measures with a name that's already in use. An error will prompt you to enter a unique name. In the rare case where a duplicate name already existed prior to this release, a number has been appended to the end of the name. For example, you may see a report name of "Devices" and "Devices (1)". You can easily edit and change to a unique name, as needed.
- New Date Dimension. A new standard dimension, called "Date", displays just the date, "2018-10-12", whereas the original "Date" dimension displayed the full date and time stamp, "2018-10-12T23:43:19.000-07:00". The name of the original "Date" dimension with the date and time stamp has been changed to "Date-Time". Both the "Date" and "Date-Time" dimensions are available for use in analytics.
The following Oracle Infinity defects have been resolved:
- An error occurred when adding a regular expression to the datetime_utc parameter in Account Settings. (INF-27341)