Discussions

Navigate to HTML Source When in WYSIWYG

rebecca.vilcsekrebecca.vilcsek Posts: 12
edited May 2017 in Dream It

When editing or troubleshooting an email it would be really helpful to navigate to the point in the html when clicking on a point in the WYSIWYG while in the spilt screen view.  This functionality is similar to that of Dreamweaver and makes editing emails much easier.  Vote for this feature request if you want to more easily edit and troubleshoot your emails!

Post edited by Unknown User on
284 votes

For future consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• I love this idea. Would it involve viewing the HTML source code for the entire email as one? I have a request for that but if this is similar to that then I will not put it in. Right now exporting the HTML of a wysiwyg email requires sending it and then using the view in browser link. It'd be nice if there was an easier way.

• I second the love of this idea!

• I love this idea. Would it involve viewing the HTML source code for the entire email as one? I have a request for that but if this is similar to that then I will not put it in. Right now exporting the HTML of a wysiwyg email requires sending it and then using the view in browser link. It'd be nice if there was an easier way.

@Jenna Loos-Oracle What you are describing looks like you are referring to the design editor not the source editor. Exporting the email from the design editor would be an additional feature and one that would be very helpful to marketers.

• This is something we had in E9 -- very bummed we don't in E10.  

• My team would really benefit from this, it would make trouble shooting a lot faster!

• Thomas DEVOSThomas DEVOS Posts: 4
    edited August 2016

Very great idea. Too much time lost trying to find the html code associated to an item, especially with hyperlinks.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Bob at Elemental MarketingBob at Elemental Marketing Posts: 39 Silver Badge

It would be awfully convenient to have this, yes :-)

• Matthew PhillipMatthew Phillip Posts: 25 Red Ribbon

Please!!! Would love to see this functionality added!

• Please!!! Would love to see this functionality added!

The OMC product team have been working on a whole new approach to email design and creation for Eloqua, and I believe they'll be sharing some sneak previews before too long of this new experience.  Should make designing, creating and personalising great looking responsive emails a whole lot easier.

• bkhayesbkhayes Posts: 205 Silver Badge

I think there is a need for this, but maybe have it be a feature that you can turn on or off. That way, those who absolutely do not want to allow editing to code can do so.

• Ken LagueKen Lague Posts: 79 Blue Ribbon

The OMC product team have been working on a whole new approach to email design and creation for Eloqua, and I believe they'll be sharing some sneak previews before too long of this new experience.  Should make designing, creating and personalising great looking responsive emails a whole lot easier.

Love the sound of that.  Thanks Nick

• csifahcsifah Posts: 6

They previously had a html viewer in the easy editor in beta but it was removed. I was told it was because some clients didn't want to give everyone the ability to edit the code, which I understand. Would be great to allow certain user groups this functionlity as it makes it so much easier when troubleshooting. Also the dreamweaver style idea of clicking on an area in the email and jumping to that part of the html is great. Would make things so much quicker.

• LC_KBLC_KB Posts: 1

Is there an update for this? I would very much appreciate this feature!

• Wren Ludlow-OracleWren Ludlow-Oracle Posts: 57 Employee

You will potentially see this feature if we get to upgrading the HTML text editor in 2019. This is not on the roadmap yet and is protected by Safe Harbor, but it's something I would like to include in a general refresh of HTML/Source editors.

Wren Ludlow

Oracle Product Management

• lkmeyerslkmeyers Posts: 24 Blue Ribbon

Yes Please!!!