How to determine autonomous / organic growth?
SummaryThe best solution for excluding FX effects and acquisitions and divestments.
I want to determine autonomous growth (excluding FX effects and acquisitions/divestments) for the complete P&L. My idea would be to exclude the FX effects:
1. Create a separate scenario
2. Let that Scenario calculate with the same rate for all periods.
3. Copy the data from Actuals to that new Scenario (I would schedule this, although a script should also be possible I do not know what's best)
4. Consolidate that constant currency Scenario
To exclude the acquisitions/divestments:
1. In one of the custom dimensions create base members Regular and One-Off with a total member aggregating both. Acquisitions and divestments would be put on the One-Off member.