Isn't it possible to use a hierarchical Functional Area Catalog in Purchasing?
- In Manage Functional Area Catalog, a catalog was created without hierarchical categories.
- The catalog was then associated to the Purchasing functional area.
- Later on, it was decided that new categories should be added to the catalog, hierarchically, i.e. categories under categories.
- However, the system did not allow to create new categories like that.
- Checking the catalog attributes, I can see that the Enable hierarchy for catalog is unchecked, and that attribute cannot be changed.
- With the above described, I can only assume that Oracle Purchasing does not allow the use of hierarchical Functional Area Catalogs, but only linear, flat catalogs. Is that true? In positive case, is there any documentation saying so?